Hear from current Washington Market School parents as they share their firsthand experiences enrolling in our Afternoon Session. Discover the unique strength of the community that sets the Afternoons apart, creating a supportive and enriching environment for both parents and children alike.
- What are the age requirements and cut-off dates for the Afternoon Session?
- What does a typical afternoon look like?
- Is the programming and schedule for the Afternoon Session similar to the Morning Session?
- How do you support our child’s nap transition?
- Does my child have to be potty trained to start the Afternoon Session?
- If my child is enrolled in the Afternoon Session our first year, will they automatically be placed in the Morning Session the following year?
The biggest advantage of joining the Afternoon Session was the fact that everyone in our classroom was a new family to WMS. We really gelled together as a class of parents, and a class of kids.WMS Parent
As part of The Washington Market School's Mission, we are committed to supporting as many families in our community as possible. By offering the Afternoon Session, we are able to admit more and more new families to our school each year.
A Typical Day
Each day, our children engage in deep learning through group and individual work, enriching studio classes, and stimulating physical activities.